Monday, September 12, 2011

Crazy Corn

Farmer Kaleb
60 ears!

This smile didn't last long

 
Looking good

48 cups

24 bags
One of the best parts about living in Ohio is the sweet corn!  It was always one of my mom's favorite things. Kaleb and I have had to enjoy it "off" of the cob this year due to my braces and his loose teeth!  We went to the farmers market this weekend and bought 5 dozen ears.  Kaleb helped me for a little bit until he realized it was "hard work" and then I was pretty much on my own.  I don't think he'd survive one day on an amish farm!  I'm not sure if I would survive two days, so I'll cut him a break.  Looks like we will have enough for the entire winter and spring.  Shucking it was the worst part, once that was done blanching it, cutting it and double bagging it wasn't too bad.  One more thing I can cross off of my list.  No yucky store bought corn for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment