Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Love it!

I paid $8 total for all of these, got $20 back, and had $10 donated to the national breast cancer fund.
Probably the best coupon find to date!

You can never have too much TP:)

I never pay more than $2 for a bottle of laundry detergent.

My dad would be happy to see those water bottles.  He bought those for me that last time he was in Ohio and kindly encouraged me to work of preparing for emergencies.   The bad thing is that I know we need a lot more water than that! 
Most people have seen the show "Extreme Couponing", well I wouldn't say I'm that extreme, but about a year ago I was introduced to couponing and I have to say it has definately saved me a ton of money and has changed the way I shop.  A year ago I had nothing on these shelves.  I have decreased my spending by about 30%.  I would probably have decreased it by 50%  if it weren't for working on our food storage.  I don't pay for toothpaste, toothbrushes, toothpaste or saline solution anymore.  Oh, and who could pass up all that free makeup?  We never used to eat hamburger helper, but for ten cents a box, it is now on our menu!  I pay about a dollar for cleaning supplies, shampoo, and cereal.  I spend about $5 a week on newspapers and spend about 2 hours a week cutting and filing my coupons.  I then spend about an hour each week planning my shopping.  It's a nice little part time job for me that I don't have to leave the house for and doesn't involve getting puked on.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job as a nurse...but:)  There have even been weeks I have been able to skip the store all together which is really nice!  The best part is that we end up with a lot of extra stuff, and it's nice to be able to give it away to needy friends or family.  We have also been able to donate many of our extras to a women's shelter which makes it all worth it.  Looks like I need some more shelves.  If only I could get a shed for Keith, I could take over the whole storage room!  Something to work towards I guess.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment