Saturday, January 28, 2012

Snow Ice Cream

I found a recipe in a magazine for snow ice cream.  I was skeptical, but kept it so we could try it on a snowy day.  I was surprised how easy and good it was.  Here's the recipe.  Give it a try, and don't worry, you don't actually eat the snow!   Next time I want chocolate!


1 cup milk or cream (we used skim)
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
SNOW
1/4 cup salt


Mix milk, sugar and vanilla in a small ziplock bag, seal bag.  Fill a gallon size ziplock bag halfway with clean snow and add salt.  Put smaller bag inside bigger bag, squeezing out the air.  Knead bags until milk mixture solidifies, 5-10 minutes.  (You might want to wear gloves:)  Open bigger bag and remove smaller bag.  Rinse outside of smaller bag in cold water then open and squeeze ice cream in to a bowl.  Grab a spoon, or if you are like Kaleb skip that step and just start licking!  

No comments:

Post a Comment